Re: Any usable sound records for Linux?

On Sunday, 02. Dec. 2001 at 16:40:37, Preben Randhol wrote:
> I need a simple sound recorder to record sound (voice) from a mic to wav
> or some other format I can convert.
>
> I tried grecord, but this crashes X so I have to turn my machine on/off.
> Audacity doesn't work and krecord crashes.

Hello Preben,

look with "apt-cache search record" for example. The output shows you
a few different programs for recording. You can use for example:
ecasound, vsound or wavtools. I'm sure, you find more, when you search
at freshmeat.net.

Hth Michael

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain
                                                 (someone in the usenet)