Re: Please Help: PPP in Debian

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 04:37:44PM -0000, Ben Hill wrote:
> I am building a 2.4.14 kernel to use PPP (pppd) and have selected the PPP
> options as modules. This is due to me installing the drivers and software
> for my Alcatel USB modem. I seem to have got the USB hotplugging and syncing
> of the modem working ok. I am now having problems with pppd as I have
> upgraded to a PPPoA aware ppp version. This is on a shiny new Debian 2.2
> install with only the Alcatel stuff and a new kernel on.

i'm far from being an expert, but i think you need to
compile ppp support as part of the kernel, not as a
loadable module.
changes are documented in a file called (surprise!) Changes
is in /usr/src/linux/Documentation, assuming you unpacked
your kernel source in /usr/src. read the Changes file.

sam
--
(Sam Varghese)
http://www.gnubies.com