Re: just installed woody and have problem with X install

* Robinder Bains <robinderbains@shaw.ca> [Dec 02. 2001 01:49]:

> > % dpkg -l | grep xfree
>
> I got
>
> ii  xfree86-common 4.1.0-9        X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
>
>       ....only
>
> > ii  xfree86-common 4.1.0-9        X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
> > ii  xserver-xfree8 4.1.0-9        the XFree86 X server
>
>  It looks like I'm missing the second one.  How do I install/download that?

Make sure your sources.list is pointing to the right place (testing for
woody, stable for potato, unstable for sid), then:

	% apt-get update
	% apt-get -s install xserver-xfree86

	Problems? No, then..

	% apt-get install xserver-xfree86

And it should automatically start the configuration after it's
installed.

--
 -Brian Clark