Re: cable for APC Smart-UPS 3000RM ?

<quote who="Ron Farrer">

> Anyone know which cable I need to hook an APC Smart-UPS 3000RM to
> the serial port on my Debian GNU/Linux box? I don't have the time
> or spare parts to make one, so I one that is already made would be
> best. It appears there are a couple different ones.. So I thought
> I'd ask here to see which works?

if you dont want to make one your best off just ordering
it from APC ..they've shipped me more then 1 free cable
in the past .....

the cable is the same for any OS on the smart UPS series.
just tell apc your model# and that you need a serial
cable for it.

there should be only 1 cable for smart monitoring, there
may be another cable for dumb monitoring if you really
want dumb monitoring..the smart cable should be able to
run in dumb mode too though.

nate