Re: RealPlayer

adcarlson@mailandnews.com writes:

> A strange phenomenon I just came across after upgrading to the 2.4 series
> (version 12) from having used 2.2.17 for the longest time...my sound incluing
> user of RealPlayer w/ Netscape had worked fine.  Now it doesn't...or more
> correctly RealPlayer sound has stopped working.  All the other aspects of sound
> use appear to be okay so far.
>
> Any ideas/solutions would be much appreciated.

I think you're going to have to provide a lot more information and be a
lot more specific about your problem before anyone can even guess at
what might be wrong. I don't think anyone here is psychic :-)

Include info like when exactly sound stopped working, is realplayer the
only app that doesn't work? (I wasn't totally clear on that count after
reading your post), are you running esd?, did you compile the kernel
yourself?, what make/model sound card do you have?, what's the output of
'cat /proc/modules'? That's all I can think of right at this moment that
might be pertinent and should do for starters.

If realplayer's the only thing that doesn't work, my guess would be that
you need to tell it not to use esd and/or stop running esd.