Re: XMMS and Galeon (with Flash) at the same time?

Quoth Preben Randhol,
> My little sister is complaining that Galeon doesn't work. I found the
> problem to be that she is playing music with XMMS and entering pages
> that uses flash animation, galeon will hang because flash won't accept
> that it cannot get /dev/dsp.
>
> I was wondering if somebody has some kind of trick so that my sister can
> avoid this problem?

This is a known bug in mozilla in it's interaction with the flash plugin
(or maybe vice versa).

Esound, as someone suggested, will not solve the problem.

The work-around I used to use was just hit pause on xmma for a second
or two, and the browser will continue loading the site normally. The
work-around that I currently use is to remove the flash plugin.

I know of no other solution. Interestingly, this is the improved
behaviour. Previously, mozilla would not load while the sound device was
in use. Now it's just when it's trying to load the flash plugin when
it's needed.

BTW, if anyone has a user_pref for mozilla that disables the dialog box
asking if I was to download the flash plugin, I'd love to know about it.

HTH,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

Homicide is, no matter what else it might
be, a social relationship.
  -- Paul Bonnana