Re: Serve DHCP on a machine with 1 nic?

--On Tuesday, November 20, 2001 3:46 PM -0600 Michael Heldebrant <hmike@portalofevil.com> wrote:

Have you tried binding your dhcpd server to the eth0:0 interface (I'm
still looking for the elegant way) by adding the interface name in the
init.d/dhcp file after dhcpd:
			  ______
ie --exec /usr/sbin/dhcpd eth0:0 -- -q
where appropriate?

Going to try again tonight.  I think I had some configuration problems.

This sounds more like an iptable problem.  Perhaps the firewall config
posted to the list would help an iptables guru debug it.  I'm still an
ipchains user at the moment.

I agree. I've been looking at the IPMasq HowTo, and I think I'm on a better track now. I'll send an update to the list if I get things working. At the least, I haven't seen much on the net about this setup, and it would be good to have available.

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <eldrik@logrus.com>   http://www.logrus.com/~eldrik