Re: new to the list - XFree86 on Woody problems

Rachel Andrew wrote:

Hi

I'm new to the list and am having problems with the XFree86 set up in Woody. I recently upgraded from Potato to Woody and have also grabbed the KDE2.2 packages from Sid but I'm having trouble getting the x-server up and running.

<snip>

Rachel

I used "XFree86 -configure" to get my basic XF86Config-4 file. X would run with the resulting configuration file, but didn't look too pretty and mouse was not fully functional.

I had to had edit XF86Config-4 to set correct mouse protocol, and add ZAxisMapping to get mouse wheel to scroll;

add HorizSync, VertRefresh ranges and Option "DPMS" to Section "Monitor".

I also added DefaultDepth to Section "Screen" and
Modes  "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" to SubSection "Display"

Can you post your XF86Config-4?

--
Jerome