Re: XFree4.1 freeze with black screen

"Morbo" <morbo@freemail.hu> writes:

> Does anybody know where to start looking, if
> X just freezes the whole machine on starx with a black screen?
> I had to reset.

Just had that problem yesterday after activating twinview. Turned out
to be a crash of xfree (based on an oops of nvidia-driver).

The screen was black, too, and the box seemed to be frozen. Actually,
Alt-F1 got me back to the tty. Oh, it was the AGP-setting of the
driver...

--
Tschoe,                http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt - Fingerprint:
 Jens                  1AAB 67A2 1068 77CA 6B0A  41A4 18D4 A89B 28D0 F097