Re: Recognizing Kernel Update to 2.4.12

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 01:11, eDoc wrote:
> "linux-2.4.12.tar.gz" is in /usr/src and I tried to run "make-kpkg"
> there. No go.

If indeed "linux-2.4.12.tar.gz" is already in /usr/src, you could try:

cd /usr/src
tar xzvf linux-2.4.12.tar.gz
cd linux-2.4.12
make-kpkg buildpackage --rootcmd fakeroot

> Somewhere folks are assuming that I am taking a step that they have
> not explicitly stated and thus the creation of the critical
> kernel-source in the necessary format in the necessary location is
> not happening.

Just my 2 (your nation's currency)/100
--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."