Re: Recognizing Kernel Update to 2.4.12 -- Inching Closer

> the kernel source directory should contain a listing of files that looks
> something like this: (it'll change slightly, based on where you got your
> kernel source from):
>
> COPYING        MAINTAINERS  README.Debian   arch     include  kernel  net
> CREDITS        Makefile     REPORTING-BUGS  drivers  init     lib
> scripts
> Documentation  README       Rules.make      fs       ipc      mm
>
> irf you got the source from kernel.org, then it probably untars into a
> 'linux' directory. You can skip the mv command, and go straight on to the
> make <something>config command.
>
> good luck.  glne

OK.  Got there and ran the "make-kpkg" command.

A couple of complaints flashed by along with tons of other text, then after
defaulting to "Y" CONFIG_MODULES and CONFIG_MODVERSIONS:
"Kernel module loader (CONFIG_KMOD) [N/y/?] (NEW)"

If I choose "Y" does this require me to load specific modules for
everything or does it merely make such more automated?  I did a
search on the Internet but what I need to know is unclear ... sure wish
Linux would document such options alongside the request for a choice!

The default is "N".

Thanks!  Doc