Re: swapfiles & 512MB+ RAM?

MRZ <mrz.pct@home.com> writes:

> With the price of RAM being what it is, I recently upgraded my potato box to by 512MB ram.
> So I now have roughly 640MB RAM with a 256MB swapfile.
>
> Now that I have this much physical memory I was wondering if I could drop
> the swapfile altogether and reclaim some HD space for filesystem use.

If HD-space is short, I'd rather suggest getting a new HD with a
couple gigs - their prices got pretty low, too.

My swap (1GB RAM) has not been used since my upgrade to 2.4.13 - BUT
it was heavily used with some older 2.4.x kernels.

--
Tschoe,                http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt - Fingerprint:
 Jens                  1AAB 67A2 1068 77CA 6B0A  41A4 18D4 A89B 28D0 F097