Re: Letters displaying as aquares.

Poul,
I had this with Gimp, and xmms.

Quick fix (so you can use these apps):

Open xmms. ctrl-P brings up preferences. Take note of the fonts listed, they
are the problems ones. Browse to select something that works.

For the Gimp, edit .gimp/gtkrc in your home directory.

I also sought help on the list and got nowhere. Strangely I have two
machines, running unstable, but upgraded at different times. One has this
problem one hasn't.

I consulted our local user list here in Sydney. Only one or two others
had the problem, the others, also running ustable couldn't understand.

I also happens with rvplayer. I can't work out how I fixed it, but it was similar to the gimp and xmms. I know that ctrl-R bings up the prefs but I think it's a rc file you need to change.

LOL

Nick