Re: Letters displaying as aquares.

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Poul Anker Gensmann wrote:

> > Updating to XFree86v4 should help, as several other modifications to
> > font configuration, adequately addressed in d-u archives.
> I have changed the order of font-dir's in XF86Config - but still
> squares...
> How do I upgrade to v4?

Changing the file which /etc/X11/X points to from XF86_S3 to XFree86 did
the 'upgrading', but unfortunately v4 does not yet support my Trio64 card,
so I'll have to live with squares until a driver comes or I find another
way of using the right fonts.

Thanks anyway.

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards Poul Anker Gensmann
Contact info at http://pa.gensmann.dk