Re: Letters displaying as aquares.

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Search the list archives.  This has been discussed in depth.
> The problems involve Gtk and its handling of non-8859-1 encoded fonts,
> due to changes in X11.  The fault is Gtk, not X11. Updating to
> XFree86v4 should help, as several other modifications to font
> configuration, adequately addressed in d-u archives.

I have changed the order of font-dir's in XF86Config - but still
squares...
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200109/msg00436.html)

How do I upgrade to v4?

apt-get upgrade / dist-upgrade dosn't make any changes..?

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards Poul Anker Gensmann
Contact info at http://pa.gensmann.dk