Re: ping works not on all sites

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 19:26, Sergio E. Schvezov wrote:
> I had a similar problem, i could almost anything, ping, ICQ, dns
> lookups. BUT i could not browse, fetch pop3 mail, i could browse an
> ftp but not fetch.
Regarding ftp I have similar probs; but - as with http - only some sites
seem to be affected.
> At that time i was using pppoe (the debian one), it suddenly stoped
> working so i tried the one that my provider supplied me (it was
> enternet 300), my parcial solution that i don't know how it fixed it
> was downloading rp-pppoe, it just worked.
As far as I know my provider (T-Online) provides Linux PPPoE drivers,
but that are also those pppoe from Roaring Penguin. The sad affair: I do
not know anymore if I have the "direct" version from RP or the .deb
version...shame...

The interesting point: today I talked with a friend who also cannot
reach those sites, neither from home nor university. Both use Linux
while the other fiends I talked to use Windoze. Thus, in fact it is a
prob of the OS/settings, not the provider/net etc.

thx,

Timo