Re: nVidia kernel driver fails to initialize

Thank you all for the fast reply on my problem. I finally figured it out
when I looked at the system log. The NVdriver kernel module was
complaining that an IRQ was not set for the VGA adapter. So, I rebooted,
enabled the IRQ for my video adapter in the BIOS, and X windows launched
right up. The 3D acceleration is working great. I installed and fired up
Quake III: Arena, and was getting as good a results as I can expect from
my PII 400.

Thanks again,

Ben Diedrich

P.S.: Blame those long lines in my initial message on Web Pine. I didn't
realize they hadn't implemented line-wrapping like the original.