Re: international characters in mutt

* dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> spake thus:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 04:39:48PM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I am having trouble getting mutt to show Norwegian characters (e.g. æ
> | and ø). The strange thing is that they work all fine on the command line,
> | and if I use more or less to view the mbox-file, they show up as they
> | are supposed to. It is, in other words, only a problem in mutt.
>
> Why not put
>
>     set pager=less
>
> in your .muttrc?  I don't think the built-in pager was meant to be as
> complete as a dedicated pager.

Thanks for the quick reply, but less does not support the characters in
question either.

more do, but is does not do any syntax highlighting, e.g. colour quoted
text and stuff like that that I feel that I "need". view (the vim
read-only mode) does this, but then I have to exit every message I read
with ":q" and that get a bit tedious.

I also like to have a few lines of the message list that mutt's internal
pager allows for. I like to be able to just press tab (next-unread) and
get moved down the message list whilst the corresponding message shows
up in the pager window.

Regards,
Stig

--