Problems with dosemu

I know I must be missing something glaringly obvious here.  I have been
trying to get dosemu up and running on my debian linux system.  As far as
I can tell, I've followed all the directions in the README.Debian file,
and I've tried it both with the freedos package (not debian of course) and
my own dos6.22.  No matter what I
do, I get "tSorry, there is no operating system.  Have a nice day."  Then
I have to kill dosemu because the system hangs! I've looked through the
docs and can't find any mention of this problem, but it has to be
something very basic.  Help, please!

                              Cheryl

                              Cheryl