Re: dvips printing problem

Disclaimer: I'm no expert.

Lame work-around: When I had difficulties with dvips, I was able to use
dvipdfm for most purposes.  I don't know if divpdfm comes with Linux but
it's on CTAN.  Of course, you need to be able to print pdf files then. I
used the Acrobat reader.  I know--if you were interested in this approach
you'ld probably be using pdfTeX already...

Lame diagnostic: Use texconfig to have dvips write your postscript file to
disk. Or just see if you can any ps file to print.  At least that reduces
the complexity of your problem. :(

Mark Copper