Re: ping works not on all sites

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 05:21, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> Please do note that the ping derived from netkit-ping_0.10-8_i386.deb is
> broken.  But  for me, ping  from iputils-ping_0ss010824-1_i386.deb works
> without any hitch.  So do look out....

well, actually the problem is not about ping itself. the problem ist
that DNS resolve works (e.g. nslookup), but it is like the webserver on
that machine won't give me data when trying with a browser.
But I know from my friends that these machines are alive (and well).
Even those friends who use DSL via the same provider and living near to
me report that those sites work; it must be a local problem.

thx,

Timo