Re: A Very Big Apology

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:21:09PM -0700, Allen Wayne Best wrote:
> i owe everyone on the list a very big apology, i'll bet. it appears that a
> large number of messages from the list sent to my address got resent to the
> list.
>
> my isp this week has changed everything i have with them, including my mail
> service and caused me havoc. and now, you've suffered as well. i hope this is
> a time event. please let me know if you continue to see it. so far, i have
> not, but time will tell.

While you're fixing this, can you make sure that your (probably
fetchmail) setup stops taking a message addressed e.g. To: Colin Watson,
Cc: debian-user, and forwarding an additional copy of the message to me?
It should ignore recipients it doesn't know anything about rather than
trying to "helpfully" pass them on.

There have been a few complaints about this on developer lists recently

Regards,