Re: gs vs. gs-aladdin

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:54:10 -0700, Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:

>   Do you use gs or gs-aladdin? Why?
>
>   The only thing I know is that gs has the advantage in that it is in
>   main instead of non-free. Since I'm not shipping product, this is
>   not necessarily a deal-breaker. What I don't know is:
>
>   Which one is "better?" More up to date?

    My basic understanding is that gs-alladin gets relicensed as GNU gs
    after 1 year (or if a new version comes out).  So, generally gs-alladin
    should be more up to date.

>   Which one will do double-sided printing on my HP OfficeJet G85xi?

    Not sure that is matters for this need.  This is probably more a
    function of the print filters and whatever program you use to
    generate the document.

>   The answer to the last question is the most important. If the answer
>   to this question is "neither", is there a Debian package out there
>   that does? Thanks.

    Don't have a printer that'll do double sided printing, so... ?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>