Re: Cant install Debian, please help

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:09:19PM +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:
| I have downloaded the rescue.bin and root.bin, and used rawrite2 to
| write the floppies. rescue boots just fine, but when I insert the root
| disk, the following error occurs:
|
| request_module[block-major-2]: Root fs not mounted

This looks to me like maybe the root disk is corrupt.  Try recreating
the root floppy.  Also try a different disk incase it is the physical
media that is bad.  Also check out "rawwritent" or something like
that.  It is cool because it is GUI based, and thus easier to use on
M$ platforms.  (though I still like dd better ;-))

| apm: BIOS version 1.2 flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.13)
| apm: disabled on user request

This isn't a problem, but a setting.  You don't need to worry about
apm until you have your system installed.  Once you have the system
installed add "apm=on" to the 'append' line in /etc/lilo.conf and
rerun lilo.

| I install on a Dell Inspiron 7500

This machine works great -- I have Debian on it too.  The only problem
is the PCMCIA NIC doesn't come back when returning from standby.  I
need to eject, then insert, then 'ifup eth0' again to get the network
back.

-D