Re: What's the device name for my tape drive?

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 08:01, Stan Brown wrote:
>  I have a Debian stable machine with all IDE dirves. it also has an Adaptec
>  AIC-7892 SCSi controler. This controler has one slave device, a HP C1537A
>  4mm tape changer. It's at SCSI ID 5.
>
>  What is it's device name? /dev/??

as far as I know it should be st0

but, you're going to need st, scsi, and your low level driver support as
modules or compiled into the kernel.  I beleive you are going to need
something like (mtx - controls tape autochangers) to use the tape
changing aspects of the drive.

--mike