Re: dual boot with Win 2000?

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:23:37PM -0400, dman wrote:
> I too have set up GRUB to effortlessly dual-boot win2k and linux.  I
> breifly skimmed some of the other replies and saw suggestions
> reminiscent of the docs on linuxdoc.org :  do this with lilo, then do
> this with the windows loader, then finish doing this with lilo.
> While I don't want to condem lilo, I have never had any success with
> lilo -- either dual-booting win2k or simply booting linux on my
> previous machine (except via floppy).  With GRUB I have had no
> problems, and I find the configuration to be much easier.  You don't
> even have to touch window's boot setup to boot it from grub.

i use debian2.2r0 and the stock lilo.  i don't have problems installing
or using lilo or linux with win2k.  only thing you have to remember is
install the jealous os first on the first partition, then linux on the
remaining partition, then install lilo on the mbr and let it control
dual booting between win/95/98/2k and linux.

--
"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and impossible
to accomplish complex actions."   --Doug Gwyn  (22/Jun/91 in comp.unix.wizards)