OT: DSL Providers

good morning:

this is slightly off topic, but here goes.

i got a notice from my dsl provider (verio/best) yesterday that they were
selling my account to earthlink (aaaaaaaaacccccccccccccckkkkkkkkk!) and that
they would no longer provide service beyond 31 oct. so it is time for me to
find a dsl provider other than "where *WE* want you to go" aol, pacific
"don't bother us" bell, or "our brain is on another planet" earthlink.

has any one have any experience with a dsl provider in the san francisco
(south bay) area that doesn't immediately go catatonic if the os is not from
the great Satan of the northwest?????

--
regards,
allen wayne best