Re: abiword unstable in testing??

jg1024@hotmail.com ("joe golden") writes:

> Jeez folks, I'm a debian supporter, but if debian hopes to make
> inroads on the desktop it needs a *solid* word processor.  Doesn't
> have to be real fancy, but it can't half eat letters.

You know, even on Win9x/ME/NT/2K/XP or a Mac in any of it's both OS
variants i wouldn't want to use anything other than LaTeX for serious
writing and letters.  So, why shouldn't the fine teTeX TeX system not
qualify as *solid* word processor for Debian? I'd even consider this
to be the best option of them all anywhere.

But i guess you've been referring to something aimed at secretaries
and people who don't need *serious* word processors.  YMMV, though.

                                   Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------