Re: logitech cordless keyboard lockups after upgrade to XFree 4.1

--- Jan Ulrich Hasecke <janulrich.hasecke@web.de> (2001-09-17 07:50):
> After the last dist-upgrade of woody to XFree 4.1.0 I discovered
> randomly keyboard lockups with my logitech cordless keyboard. No
> problems with the mouse, but the keyboard hangs. No input possible.
>
> When I eject the batteries and put them in again, it sometimes works
> again.
>
> I am not sure, whether it is a hardware problem. But the keyboard
> works perfectly for more than six months.

I have a logitech cordless keyboard as well, and I don't have this
problem so I suspect hardware.  I read in the manual that they say the
batteries in the keyboard last about six months, maybe they're just
flat?

That being said, I've used my keyboard with the original batteries for
about a year, and I've had to change the mouse batteries about once
every 2 months (although the manual says six for that too :)

YMMV, but something to think about :)

Cheers,
Sean

--