Re: O.T. citibank again

Is it really realiatic to think that a bare ssl Web browser as a
decently secure gateway to your bank without extra java/javascript
addition?

Let's face it.  Most people will not flash cache after using browser.
Or I should say you can not teach old dog a trick if he does not see
significant benefit to him.  So most institution who needs "secure"
connection rely on this java thing to add extra security and avoid
trouble by stupid users.  Citibank even automatically closes display
after some time. (Thin but extra-Security!)

People access these web page even from public PC.  So this provide some
level of security.  I think decent service providers should take these
precaution.  I wish someone provide VT100 access over SSH.  I have found
none. ;-(

Regards,
Osamu

--