Re: Setting tab length universally

also sprach Andrew Sione Taumoefolau (on Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:30:46PM +1000):
> I was just wondering if there was some method of universally setting tab
> width. I find eight spaces a bit too much, and although I have found
> methods of changing it in some applications, it'd be nice if I could
> change it in one place and never have to worry about it again. Advice or
> pointers to some Ms to Fing R would be much appreciated :).

there is no central config for this. what you see on the screen is a
shell through a console on X -- where should the setting be?

the spirit of UNIX is small programs for small tasks, but make them be
the best at it. so you'd have to change them all.