Re: ssh braindamage (protocols, RSA auth) FIXED

meh. keeping this short. I'm an idiot, kinda. :)
SSH is a complicated mess, that's my excuse. Basically, this sums it up:
  RSA  = v2 (*not* v1)
  RSA1 = v1
  DSA  = v2

So, when I said it was doing v1 when it should be v2, I meant it was
doing RSA when it should be doing DSA. And then realized that that
was the default, and it was doing what it was supposed to. eh.
Reading the fine manual:
  HostKeyAlgorithms
    Specfies the protocol version 2 host key algorithms that the
    client wants to use in order of preference.  The default for this
    option is: ``ssh-rsa,ssh-dss''

...which is a *client* problem, when I'd been looking at the server
all along, and not quite knowing what was going on anyway. :)

Just so you guys can stop wondering what the hell I'm going on about, :)

Mike McGuire