Re: X forwarding problem with SSH.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 01:59:05PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Adam McDaniel (adamm@psynch.com) [010905 13:38]:
> > This may seem like an obvious question, have you a look in the messages/syslog file on the xserver itself? Perhaps its coming across permissional errors.
> >
> > With the xserver running run the command in an shell prompt:
> > $ xhost +
> >
> > That'll disable X security while you debug the issue.
> >
> > One last thing to check, in the file /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc make sure
> > there is no reference to the switch -nolisten tcp ... if so, delete it
> >
> > That might work :)
>
> ... but it might also defeat the whole purpose.
>
> I emphatically urge you to follow none of the above advice, with the
> exception, of course, of examining the logs.
The only reason as to why i was suggesting the above info, was to help debug
the problem. Once you know exactly as to where the problem lies, typically you
tie up what remaining holes you left open.

Believe me, that was not meant as a long-term-fixed-your-problem solution.

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant