Re: Installed netscape, but how do I start it?

On Sunday 16 September 2001 11:52 pm, timo@bolverk.net wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 12:10:17PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > I find most of the Norton's, SAMS, "Unleashed", "In 24 Hours", "In 10
> > Days", "Maximum...", "...for Dummies", and "Total Idiots Guide..." books
> > to be poor, though there are the odd exceptions.
> >
> > I tend to recommend O'Reilly, Wiley, Morgan Kaufman, and Addison Wesley.
>
> Having gone through many linux/unix books recently, I would agree with
> the above statement almost 100%.  One notable exception though, and I
> rarely admit owning this in public (this is anonymous, right?) is the "UNIX
> for Dummies Quick Refrence Guide".  It really sits on my desktop, well
> disguised of course, for those times when I just can't remember how to
> format a floppy or something equally silly.  For even the full retail price
> of $14.99 u.s. it's not a bad tool for the newbie's.

I'm rather found of my "Linux: The Complete Reference 2nd ed" by McGraw Hill.
Though it's biased towards Caldera's Open Linux and was published in 1998,
the discussion of things like Bash shell scripting and using basic commands
like grep and sed is pretty invaluable.  Each chapter has a nice concise
reference at the end which is especially nice for the Bash commands.