Re: uptime

also sprach Dimitri Maziuk (on Sun, 16 Sep 2001 02:38:55PM -0500):
> We didn't run luser apps on it, except Access (well, DAO, actually).
> Other than that it was serving files 24/7. And it was NT _server_,
> not WS.

<rant>
oh, so you mean it was optimized for network access? hah! well, i have
one of those servers standing right here, running *only* checkpoint
firewall-1 on a *fresh* install, with *flawless* hardware, and guess
what - crashes every fifteen minutes paradiddle style -

   ||: freeze,     bluescreen | freeze,     freeze       ||
   ||  bluescreen, freeze     | bluescreen, bluescreen. :||

and while we're at it, ever noticed this:

  "the file C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp.dll could not be found
   on the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server Disk 1 CD.

   please insert the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server
   Disk 1 CD."

really? C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp.dll cannot be found on D:???
as in "on the CD"?
but if I put the CD *in*, it'll find it?

thought so, but these thoughts were a little too utopic.

   Please specify the location of C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp.dll

well then: "C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp.dll<enter>"

oooh. now it found it.

are these Redmond dorks just *stupid*???
</rant>

sorry, this is giving me headaches...

two manic depressives named mastick
had marital problems, quite drastic.