Re: mutt and SSL/imap on testing

Daniel de los Reyes wrote:

> When I try to open an imap mailbox using ssl mutt complains about SSL
> not being available. Is it not compiled in in testing?

  it is not, you have to get source and compile it yourself, here's a
quote from some previous emails on this issue:

-----------
Get the source with 'apt-get source mutt', cd mutt-$version, edit
debian/rules, you can't miss the SSL part :)  Build the package with
'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -i' and install.

Putting mutt on hold or increasing the debian release number in
changelog
(from 1.3.19-1 to 1.3.19-1.1 for example) will help apt not to
re-install
non-SSL version next time you upgrade...

  what I don't understand is why there is no mutt-ssl package just like
there is apache-ssl, evolution-ssl, uw-imapd-ssl etc... somebody said
it's because of licences but mutt us under GPL just like those other
programs (well, at least evolution)...

	erik