Re: Courier IMAP, Maildirs and exim

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 01:59:58PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running unstable using exim as the MTA.  I have just installed
> courier-imap, but am wondering how I can make exim deliver messages to
> ~/Maildir instead of /var/spool/mail/ross.  Any ideas?

I don't know anything about courier-imap, but I do use fetchmail (which, at
a brief glance looks somewhat similar).
You can use a .forward file to tell exim where to drop all your mail, like:

# Exim filter
save /home/ross/Maildir/mail

There are more advanced things you can do with .forward files, like separate
based on sender, etc.  Look at the exim manual for that.