Lyx and ispell problems.

I have recently installed the Lyx 1.1.6fix3 package from Debian/Unstable and
I am having some problems using the spellchecker feature. Whenever I try to
use the spellchecker from the "edit" menu I get an error message saying the
ispell-process has died and that I probably do not have the dictionary
installed. However, I do have the english ispell dictionary installed, and
the program works fine from the terminal. I have the most recent ispell
3.1.20-15 packages from Debian/Unstable installed. Any help with this problem
would be greatly appreciated.