New book [was Installed netscape, but how do I start it?]

> ... a few weeks ago bought Peter Norton's _Complete Guide to
>Linux_, but am finding it not too helpful at this point.  (The book was
>on sale, remaindered, I guess not a big seller!)  Karsten, I will check
>out the books that you recommended.

See also _The Linux Cookbook_ by Michael Stutz (2001 No Starch / Linux
Journal). 396 p.  Paperback.  $30.  It's slanted toward Debian users
(but I find it extremely useful for Red Hat), & gives 1500+ recipes
including many so simple & obvious that no one thinks to tell the
newbie.

You can check it out on line:

http://www.dsl.org/cookbook/

Wendell Cochran