Re: Fonts in KDE2.2

On Saturday, 15. September 2001 12:09, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed KDE2.2 on sid. The first time I run it, it apperes the
> setup wizard, and everything looks fine. But when I restart it, I get
> very weird fonts. I go to the control center to change them, but I
> only get three fonts: bitstream charter, courier and another one I
> don't remember now.
>
> Instead, if I run xfontsel, I see all my fonts properly installed.
> I have, basically the 75dpi, 100dpi and msttcore fonts.
>
> What's happening? Why they are changed automatically?
>
> Thanks.

What charset do you use in your personal settings? I think KDE's fontselector
only offers fonts matching your charset. If you use something other than
ISO-8859-1 your fonts might not support that. In sid are extra packages with
75 and 100dpi fonts for other charsets. On the other hand the msttcorefonts
should support most charsets.

Thomas