Re: epson stylus 600 setup problem

I'm still trying to get my printer working, not much luck. When I run
dmesg it shows:

PCI: Using IRQ router default [1022/7006] at 00:00.0
isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: No Plug & Play device found
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd v1.8
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: cpp_daisy: aa5500ff(18)
parport0: assign_addrs: aa5500ff(18)
parport0: Printer, EPSON Stylus COLOR 600
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured

This means the printer is being detected, no? Yet, since this compiled
into the kernel rather than built as a module the lsmod command does me
no good. Is there another command I can use to find if this is working?
I tried installing printtool and it detects nothing on any of the ports
lp0, lp1, etc..

thanks
dale