major problems (was:Re: fetchmail)

I apologise for my late response but i was quite busy and the about
what happend in the Us i couldn't get myself on the PC to solve my
little problem.
But today I thought it's time to do so. I found out that I have
multiple problems that seemed to have appeared suddenly.
It's the fetchmai problem describe in the original thread then I
found out that dictd is not starting (not even by hand) and today I
cannot start x as a user (works fine as root).

Any hints what could have happend? Hardware? Any tools that might
help me to find out whats wrong?

i am very thankfull fo rany help,

Frank