Re: Is there any ftpd support file large than 2GB ?

on Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 10:06:38AM +0800, Tommy Wu (newsletter@teatime.com.tw) wrote:
> Hi!
>
>    As title...
>
>    I've tested proftpd, wu-ftpd, ftpd in woody. All of them can't handle
>    file large than 2GB.
>
>    My system running kernel 2.4.9-xfs, glibc 2.2.4. I can create a file
>    large than 2G using dd command. But I found my ftpd can't handle
>    such file.... so I can't transfer file to another system. (rcp also can't
>    work correct... now I can do that via NFS, it work fine for file larger
>    than 2G)

Large file support (llong seeks, etc.) must be compiled into multiple
programs.

I don't know the specific answer to your question.  However I can say
that I ran into similar problems a few years ago under Sun Solaris.

Your best bet is probably to split the file (several utilities will do
this for you), transfer the pieces, and reassemble them locally.

Praying for the victims.