Re: Fonts in GTK

* J. D. Kitch (adahma@io.com) [010903 19:16]:
> I had a working GNOME install from Woody. I just updated to Sid, and
> everything seemed to go quite nicely, but now in GNOME, or rather
> anything that uses GTK, I see only a bunch of little squares where I
> should be seeing text. Can anyone tell me what I hosed, and what I
> need to do to correct it?

I ran into this myself and tried about 1400 different things to fix it.
I did... Problem is I'm not sure which did it ;-)

I'd suggest two fairly simple things:

-- Get rid of 'xfs' (if you don't need it -- you *don't* need it for
local TrueType font support, for example)

-- Choose either 75dpi or 100dpi xfonts and whichever you don't use,
remove/purge the other. Then go through the various config files and
manually remove the references to them.

Hall