Re: What replaces glimpse?

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 03:14:58PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> > Apt/dselect has just removed my glimpse package :-(
> > What is supposed to replace this?

> I've occasionally found packages removed in updates, recently it was
> aptitude.  Not sure why.

No, glimpse is removed from the Debian archive for good due to the
fact that there was no new upload for almost three years and it had a
grave security bug since March 2000.  Newer upstream versions of
glimpse seems to have unacceptable license for Debian.

More information:
http://bugs.debian.org/glimpse
http://bugs.debian.org/60852
http://bugs.debian.org/109355
http://webglimpse.net/licensing.html

You could try `htdig', `namazu' or `swish++' for indexing your
documents.

--
BALI, Andra's                                  GPG keyID: 78560E1C
drewie@bigfoot.com     bali@debian.org     andras.bali@stud.bke.hu