Re: Undeliverable: Re: Help: lilo wasn't able to install...
I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. Here is the
process I have followed so far:
1) Booted Debian (compact) floppies.
2) Install scripts runs normally
3) Install script copies files off of my floppy disks (to the hard drive?)
4) Install script copies files off of the CD-ROM
5) Configure the network (DHCP works propely)
6) Get to the prompt to make the hard drive bootable. Fails
So I am at the point where Debian can not install LILO to:
/dev/sda1 (My /boot partition)
I will try your ideas when I get home this evening. Thank you for your help.
Anita Lewis wrote:
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 06:23:43AM -0400, Raj Wurttemberg wrote:
I tried the "root=/dev/sda1" process already. It too failed. I even tried
making a small 10MB /boot partition, but Debian still refuses to install
So you are saying that you can use that install floppy to install and it
will boot, but when you try to access your root partition, it fails?
Try booting from the install floppy or cd with 'linux rescue' and then try
to do: mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1
Also try 'fdisk /dev/sda' in rescue mode.
Can you mount the partition? If not, then try doing the install and while
it is progressing, do 'Ctrl Alt F1' and F2 and so on and see if there is
information there. Key info would be if it actually mounts the hard drive
and puts anything on it.