Re: Weird NFS Problem: Input/Output Errors, etc.

On 14 Aug 2001 18:59:23 +0200, Bjoern Buerger wrote:

> > > They are running on ext2 file systems,
> > > placed on two RAID5 arrays.
> > Thats odd.  Do backups and fsck run cleanly from the server on the raid
> > array?
>
> Yes, they do. I just checked the actual backup tape - everything ok.
> fsck says, all filesystems of the server are clean.

Is there any way to take the files that have given errors, put them on a
non-raid nfs exported drive and test access again to see if it's
specific to raid and NFS?

Have you gotten in touch with the kernel mailing list on this yet?  They
may have some deeper insight.

--mike