Re: (WM) launching apps in particular workspaces

Duncan Watson <deamonrift@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 06:36:35PM +0200, Martin Würtele wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:48:33AM -0700, Duncan Watson wrote:
> [snip]
> > > My question is regarding the 'debian' way to start various applications on
> > > particular workspaces.  I would like to start a few applications such as a
> > > number of xterms, a mail client, and my gqmpeg on login.  I currently use
> > > ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart to start a number of applets and a
> > > few deamons such as fetchmail, remind, etc.  If I could figure out how to
> > > specify the workspace I would start a quartet of xterms, etc as well.

...snip...

> You get the idea.  I tend to use a lot of xterm, eterms, etc.  They are
> started all the time.  I don't want to pin them to a particular workspace
> forever.

Have you tried just setting things up the way you want them and then
select the menu item WorkSpace->Save_Session.  I have about a dozen
things I start that way, including several xterms, and they all start
in the proper workspaces.  It seemed like Gnome might have caused
problems with that, but I didn't find that Gnome provided enough more
than just WindowMaker to make it worth while.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org