Re: [users] xset (and therefore Abiword) doesn't work
Thanks for the offer. Actually, a little more research led me to the
answer. I found a post on comp.os.windows.x that referred to the
problem. It seems that when I got the 4.x version of XFree86, the
config script I used did not create the statements to load all of the
appropriate font modules. X was not able to recognize the fonts in the
abisource directory as fonts, so it error-ed out. None of the font
directories that had Type1 fonts were being loaded at boot time.
I added the line
in the Section "Module", and that fixed me right up.
Thanks, too for replying; I had meant to post this back to the list and
"Martin F. Krafft" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> also sprach George Fischer (on Sun, 08 Jul 2001 09:30:39AM -0500):
>> Well, the directory already has a fonts.scale and a fonts.dir, but I did
>> this anyway. There was no change to the error message (and the new
>> .scale and .dir files were much smaller than the old ones; I think
>> because there are other font types in the directory besides AFM and PFB)
> i am sorry, but then i don't know how to help you... do send me the
> first post you made to the list again - i lost it. then i'll have
> another thought...
> martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
> \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
> \|/ _____ \|/
> "@'/ , . \`@"
> /_| \___/ |_\