Re: Win2K/ linux dual-boot

Nelson PC wrote:

hey all.

total newbie here.... never touched linux. i am looking to remedy that by installing some flavour of linux/ unix on my Windows 2000 box. There is lots of documentation out there about installations w/ 98. Can't find anything about Win2K. Who has this set-up, and is there anything special that a guy needs to know to pull it off? Cheerz.

I am using lilo to boot it, but puting a lilo.conf

For example:

lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hdb3 (root partion for linux)
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map

default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only

other=/dev/hda1
        label=WIN

That's all

If you want also is posible to use the win2K to boot linux or win or dos, ... but I like much more lilo ... but if you want it... only ask for it.

	Angel